The Heritage Express is now closed for the season. All of the terrain accessed from it is closed and parking for all backcountry users is at the DOC carpark at the gate. NO SKI TOURING FROM/WITHIN SKI AREA LEASE DURING OPERATING SEASON.
- Must have a valid lift pass to ski/board on inbounds terrain.
- Must have a buddy, carry a transceiver, probe and shovel, and know how to use them.
- Parking to access to Camp Stream Hut is at the DOC carpark at the gate.
- Gate is unlocked during ski area operating hours and locked at all other times. No vehicles are to be left beyond the gate overnight. A $200 fee will be charged if you require a call out.
- Access to the Richmond range from the Ski Area is by permission at our discretion, and only on days that the Heritage Express is open to public.
- If the Heritage Express is closed, all of the terrain accessed from it is closed and parking for all backcountry users is at the DOC carpark at the gate.
- Roundhill reserves the right to close any access through our lease area at any time for any reason.
- Entering inbounds terrain after hours or closed areas at any time is not permitted.
Please see avalanche.net.nz Two Thumbs Avalanche Advisory for all advice on travel beyond our boundaries. Please do not contact us requesting advice.
NO SKI TOURING FROM/WITHIN SKI AREA LEASE DURING OPERATING SEASON.